Saturday, April 5, 2014

SPRING ACTION AT PARMELEE FARM

Warmer weather has finally arrived. Spring has sprung and work has begun again at Parmelee Farm in Killingworth. As I drove by the Farm the other day I noticed there was equipment working away, clearing more of the land, and feeding a huge bonfire. So I went home, retrieved my camera and came back to see what was going on. I was told they were clearing part of the land to make a parking lot. I expressed just a bit of concern that they were planning to create a huge blacktop area but I was assured that the parking area would not be blacktopped. I took some photos of the action and then strolled about the farm a bit.

 Clearing the land for a parking lot. As you are facing the farmhouse from route 81....the work is taking place on the left hand side of the property.
 Feeding the bonfire

 A spring view of the new restrooms on the right.

 A closeup of the work taking place on the pavilion. I wonder what the enclosed room will be for?



 More trees are being identified. Everyone is doing such a great job!
 I think I am on the Parmelee trail at this point.
 Two views of the transplanted Killingworth schoolhouse.


 The Fire Department was on the scene in case the fire got out of hand.
 Volunteers were taking down the Christmas Lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment